Steps to Applying
EMT Application Process
Potential students MUST attend an information session to be eligible to participate in our programs.
Information sessions are key to your enrollment process. At an information session you will learn all about our program schedule and training classes, tuition and supply costs, job outlook, continuing education classes, and steps for advancing your career. Our regional coordinators will also be on hand to answer questions concerning the Academy and our training.
Please don’t miss the opportunity to enroll if you are ready to make that next step!
Sign up for a session today.
Paramedic Application Process
- Register for/attend a mandatory information session.
- Submit an online admissions application to SLCC.
- Under Application Type, select one of the following: Freshmen Application (if you do not have any college credit), Transfer Application( if you do have college credit), Returning Student Application (if you have attended SLCC in the past)
- Under Planned Course of Study, select EMT CTS at the location you will be attending class.
- Submit official high school transcript or high school equivalency exam scores (not required for LA high school graduates 2004 and later) and/or official college transcripts to SLCC.
- Submit proof of immunizations or the required waiver form.
- Submit official ACT, SAT, or Compass scores (if test scores are five years or older, you will need to retest and submit scores)
- Students are encouraged to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid online at fafsa.ed.gov. Financial aid application status may be monitored via LoLA (you will receive log in information from SLCC after enrollment)
- Review student account via LoLA and make payments with student accounts by the tuition deadline of each semester.
*All steps above must be complete before being accepted as a student at SLCC.
Remember, all students interested in taking classes at the National EMS Academy MUST attend one mandatory information session. Find a location in your area.
Please visit our Louisiana Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
South Louisiana Community College Contact Information
Phone: (337) 521-9622
Fax: (337) 521-5122
Phone: (337) 521-9621
Fax: (337) 521-8992
Phone: (337) 521- 8904
Fax: (337) 262-5512
Phone: (855) 227-8102
Official documents should be submitted to:
South Louisiana Community College
1101 Bertrand Drive
Lafayette, LA 70506